SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Junior Engineer Examination will have the following Examination Pattern.
The examination will be conducted in two stages:
A.Written Test (500 marks)
B.Interview (100 marks)
Written Test:Written test will consists of two papers viz Paper -I and Paper-II. Paper-I will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice questions only and Paper-II will be Conventional Type questions . There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
Scheme of Written Exam:
Sheets will be provided
for this Paper)
|(i) General Intelligence &
(ii) General Awareness
(iii) Part –A
(Civil & Structural)
|2 Hours [10.00 AM to
|Part –A General Engineering
(Civil & Structural)
Part – B General Engineering
Part-C General Engineering
|300||2 Hours [2.00 PM to
Note I: Paper -I and Paper-III for General Engineering, the candidate will be required to attempt only one part i.e. Part-A or Part-B or Part-C as per option given in the application form by the candidate.e. In other words, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer(Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper II failing which he/she would be awarded zero marks.
Note-II: Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Non Programmable Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II only. They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I.
Personality Test (Interview):Personality test will be conducted for 100 marks.Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be eligible to appear in the Interview.
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus
- General Intelligence.
- General Awareness.
- Technical Subjects.
With the presented exam pattern, candidates can know the subject topics and its weightage in the examination. Note down the SSC JE syllabus 2017 electrical pdf given down the page. Hence, make a schedule for preparation accordingly.
SSC JE General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
It Includes both verbal and non-verbal.
- Space Visualization.
- Problem Solving.
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Verbal And Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Number Series Etc.
- Abstract Ideas And Symbols And Their Relationships.
- Arithmetical Computations.
- Other Analytical Functions.
General Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs.
- India and its neighboring countries.
- Economic Science.
- General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
SSC JE Syllabus for Civil Engineering
- Building Materials.
- Estimating, Costing, and Valuation.
- Soil Mechanics.
- Irrigation Engineering.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Theory of Structures.
- Concrete Technology.
- RCC Design, Steel Design.
SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
- Basic concepts.
- Circuit law.
- Magnetic Circuit.
- AC Fundamentals.
- Measurement and Measuring Instruments.
- Electrical Machines.
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors.
- Synchronous Machines.
- Transmission and Distribution.
- Estimation and Costing.
- Utilization and Electrical Energy.
- Basic Electronics.
SSC JE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design.
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials.
- Properties of Pure Substances.
- 1st Law of Thermodynamics.
- 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.
- IC Engines Combustion.
- Air standard Cycles for IC Engines.
- IC Engine Performance.
- IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication.
- Rankine cycle of System.
- Fitting & Accessories.
- Air Compressors & their cycles.
- Refrigeration cycles.
- The principle of Refrigeration Plant.
- Nozzles & Steam Turbines.
- Properties & Classification of Fluids.
- Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure.
- Fluid kinematics.
- Dynamics of Ideal fluids.
- Measurement of Flow rate.
- Basic principles.
- Hydraulic Turbines.
- Centrifugal Pumps.
- Classification of steels.